for larger view
of Houses &
About the Information
On These Pages
Butterfield (E.S. Butterfield Co.)
(On Permit Date):
D. & Philip S. Davis
was one of three on Stanton Road built by Earl Butterfield. (He
also built 47 Greenough Street on the corner of Stanton.) These
were the first houses built on Stanton (formerly known as Cypress
Place) after it was extended across Greenough Street into the former
was home for nearly 50 years to the
family of Mary and Philip Davis. Philip Davis (born c1872) was a
stock broker. He and his wife Mary (born c1877) had two daughters
(and possibly other children) who were grown by the time the family
moved to Stanton Road.
U.S. Census listed the residents as: Phillip S. Davis, 58, president,
(can't read name of company); and Mary G. Davis, 52. The house was
valued at $18,000.
family was listed at this address in the Street List from 1927 until
the early 1970s.