for larger view
of Houses &
About the Information
On These Pages
(On Permit Date):
J. & John E. O'Donnell
was one of three on Stanton Road built by Earl Butterfield. (He
also built 47 Greenough Street on the corner of Stanton.) These
were the first houses built on Stanton (formerly known as Cypress
Place) after it was extended across Greenough Street into the former
was the home initially of Elizabeth and John O'Donnell, who moved
here from Taunton. John O'Donnell (born c1895) was in the real estate
business, according to his listings in the Street List. The 1930
U.S. Census showed him as a hotel owner.
Census listed the residents as: John E. O'Donnell, 35, hotel owner;
Elizabeth J. O'Donnell, 32; Ruth E. O'Donnell, 4; and John E. O'Donnell,
1. The house was valued at $16,000. The family was listed at this
address from 1927 to 1932.
the O'Donnells at 59 Stanton, after a one year gap in the Street
List, was the family of David L. and J. Florence Shoolman. David
Shoolman (born c1898) was listed as a salesman, and later as a manufacturer.
The family was listed at this address until the early 1960s. Florence
Shoolman's father, William Hurwitz (born 1878) was listed with them
from 1939 to 1942. He was a horse dealer, according to the 1930
Census and other records, and was shown as a merchant and dealer
in the Street List.